[uClibc]sysvinit

jimis at gmx.net jimis at gmx.net
Wed Aug 28 14:30:10 UTC 2002

Congratulations for this fine library. Being a newbie with uClibc I came
across a problem while compiling the sysvinit-2.84 set of tools:

While the rest of the tools (init, halt, runlevel, shutdown, killall5)
compile perfectly, while compiling sulogin I get the following:

/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/bin/i386-uclibc-gcc -s  -o sulogin sulogin.o -lcrypt
sulogin.o: In function `getrootpwent':
sulogin.o(.text+0x3e9): undefined reference to `getspnam'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sulogin] Error 1

I suppose that the problem is with libcrypt since it is the only program
that uses it.

Thanks in advance
jimis

P.S. I know about busybox which has its own tools but is it possible to
compile sysvinit with uclibc?