[uClibc]sys_errlist

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Mon Aug 26 21:39:56 UTC 2002

On Mon Aug 26, 2002 at 02:16:27PM -0700, David Meggy wrote:

> I noticed that the version of uClibc in CVS I checkout this morning has
> obsoleted sys_errlist[].  However Busybox uses this in busybox/init.c &&
> busybox/telnet.c.

Thanks, these have now been eliminated.  The basic rule is,
anywhere you see 'sys_errlist[errno]' it can and should be
replaced with 'strerror(errno)'.  sys_errlist[] was made obsolete
_years_ ago and prevented us from doing some very cool things we
wanted to do.  So Manuel and I discussed and and decided to drop
sys_errlist[] support entirely.