[uClibc]gethostbyname()

Arne Jonsson arne.jonsson at i3micro.com
Sat Aug 24 19:41:41 UTC 2002

Hi!

I am trying to get the ntpclient mentioned at uClibc.org to work. The program
uses gethostbyname() in order to figure out the address to the server. If I
bypass this function call (using a IPv4 address) everything works nice. I am
having trouble getting this function call to work even if I feed it with a IP4
address. What do I need in order to make this work? I have defined
a /etc/resolv.conf and a /etc/nsswitch. I'm using (I think) uClibc-0.9.11 and
the code size is about 40k zipped. When switching to uClibc-0.9.14 and adding
the debug-flag in the file libc/stdlib/resolv.c the compiled size grew to 100k
zipped, any idea why?

Take care,
/Arne Jonsson