[uClibc]Full XFree86 (not TinyX)

Arnaud Rolly arolly at anfora.fr
Wed Aug 7 12:18:10 UTC 2002

Is there a way to build a XFree86 linked with the uClibc and without
cross-compiling ? My goal is to compile an almost full featured XFree86 for
the Via Eden platform (trident graphic chipset).
The Via Eden is running a C3 processor fully x86 compatible.

The uClibc i have compiled is configured with BUILD_UCLIBC_LDSO=true and
SHARED_LIB_LOADER_PATH=/lib. I already compiled a very stripped-down Busybox
and tested it with uClibc on a chrooted environment : it works great.

XFree don't compile because it own tools it compiles (for the compilation of
the source) can't be run (sice i'm on a classic glibc development system and
that the tools are linked on uClibs). May be with a fake cross-compilation ?

Note: http://www.uclibc.org/uClibc-apps.html, the link to the TinyX+uClibC
HOWTO is BROKEN

Regards,
Arnaud Rolly