[uClibc]largefile problems

Justin Cormack justin at street-vision.com
Wed Apr 24 17:41:46 UTC 2002

I am having a few problems with largefile support on uClibc-0.9.11.

I am compiling a program which defines -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE and then just uses lseek rather than lseek64

The problem to solve is that it uses mmap (on /dev/zero actually)
and then gets an undefined reference to mmap64. I have fixed this temporarily
by changing to to a malloc (as currently the program doesnt require alignment
though it will later). I didnt actually think there was an mmap64 available,
so should it just be defined as mmap? This should be simple to fix if this
is the case.

I think thats it for 0.9.11: it does seem to have fixed most of the problems
I was having with 10 (will verify shortly).

It is kind of annoying that busybox doesnt seem to build with large file
support though... I will look into fixing that once it is all working ok
with uClibc.

Justin