[uClibc]rxvt pty fix (temporary)

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 22 09:42:08 UTC 2002

Hi  Erik,

Xterm is still quite a burden to understand/debug. :(
But rxvt 2.6.4 works now. Here is how:

Once you compiled successfully xfree 4.2 server, libraries and clients,
configure rxvt with the proper --x-includes and --x-libraries.

Once config.h is created, edit it. Remove all **defined** reference to
PTYS_ARE_*, and keep only a #define PTYS_ARE_NUMERIC 1
Verbosely, make sure you have the following lines:
#define PTYS_ARE_NUMERIC 1
#undef PTYS_ARE_PTMX
#undef PTYS_ARE_PTC
#undef PTYS_ARE__GETPTY
#undef PTYS_ARE_GETPTY
#undef PTYS_ARE_GETPT
#undef PTYS_ARE_CLONE
#undef PTYS_ARE_SEARCHED

This goes around the so-far unsuccessful opening of /dev/pts/0 which I
observe on 3 different x86 now. Anyone can confirm /dev/pts problems yet ?
I repeat: this seems to be a must **only** on my 3 systems...

I think you can still add rxvt to the list of working applications. ;)
Hmmm... I just checked the list of apps and someone confirmed rxvt to be
working earlier on. Can this person describe more in details the patches
used to the original sources, or whether he/she used a specifically
configured system regarding /dev/pts ?

Thx & rgds,
Christian