[uClibc]Promblems compiling lsh agains uClibc

Marko Ebert Marko.Ebert at email.si
Wed Apr 10 10:58:21 UTC 2002

>>-I/path-to/lsh-1.2.5/src/symmetric/include -DLSH -D_GNU_SOURCE -I
>>/path-to/include -I /path-to/zlib-1.1.4/  -g -O2 -ggdb3 -Wall -W
>>-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wstrict-prototypes
>>-Waggregate-return  -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wnested-externs
>>-c unix_user.c
>>unix_user.c:71: undefined or invalid # directive
>>unix_user.c: In function `do_fork_process':
>>unix_user.c:793: warning: unused parameter `peer'
>>unix_user.c:793: warning: unused parameter `tty'
>>

>You will need to show what the code is doing here.
>I can't guess from this...

hm... I just used vanilla lsh-1.2.5 with the patch... I did no changes
to the code...

>I fixed this.  You probably want to try with the latest and
>greatest, or wait an hour or two for uClibc 0.9.11 to be
>released.

will do...

>>btw. if anyone is interested... openssh compiles cleanly against uClibc
>>if you make sure it doesn't link against anything in glibc (ie. -lnsl)
>>

>Very cool..  Guess we should add that to the working apps list.
>Got a version number on what you compiled?

I managed with openssh-3.1p1, openssl-0.9.6c and zlib-1.1.4 (all linked
agains uClibc of course) and there is tweaking required on the configure
script (removing all instances of '-lnsl' and a #define [something]_NSL
) and I THINK configure only looks to /usr/lib for libcrypto and libz,
so I had to make sure the ones linked to uClibc were there... btw. at
the moment it only worked with shared libs... static linking fails for
one reason or another... still looking into that...

Cheers

/M

P.S. if there is enough interest I might go into detail on that
/usr/lib/ stuff and make a patch... let me know (private mail would seem
to be in order)