[uClibc]Re: Compiler under a uClibc system

Miles Bader miles at lsi.nec.co.jp
Wed Apr 10 08:19:07 UTC 2002

Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet.org> writes:
> I am interested to hear if tcc
>     http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/tcc/
> would work...  If it can be compiled vs uClibc (I've
> not tried it) then you could easily add a tiny compiler
> at least to an x86 system...

I built a native gcc for my v850 board (using uClibc) a while ago, but
couldn't even compile `hello world' due to gcc's large requests for
memory; the uClinux memory allocator has been tweaked to allow such large
requests, but I haven't tried it again since then.

Cross-compiling a native gcc was a big pain though...

-Miles

--
A zen-buddhist walked into a pizza shop and
said, "Make me one with everything."