[uClibc]m68k-pic-coff

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Sep 21 19:45:11 UTC 2001

On Fri Sep 21, 2001 at 12:04:35PM -0700, ken at 246gt.com wrote:
> sorry to be a bother, but is m68k-pic-coff a supported or valid platform for
> uclibc?

It is _sortof_ supported...  But generally speaking I recommend people using
m68k should use the m68k-elf toolchains.  Since I no longer work for Lineo, I
know I have very little interest in making sure that m68k-pic-coff is
supported.  I'm willing to apply patches, but I don't plan on doing any work on
this, unless someone pays me to do this work...  The m68k-elf toolchain is
known to work, and I have confidence in it.

> i posted a problem last week compiling agetty for this platform, and have as
> yet seen no reply. am i attempting in vain to do something that i shouldn't
> ought to?

Well, in the case you emailed it looks to me very much
like a compiler bug....

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee at debian.org, formerly of Lineo