[uClibc]Can uClibc be compiled by gcc-2.96?

Oliver Dawid od at fet.uni-hannover.de
Mon Sep 10 10:07:59 UTC 2001

hi kjlin,

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, kjlin wrote:

> I updated my gcc from 2.91 to 2.96.
> Therefore, i have two libc.a.
> One is made by gcc-2.91 and the other is by gcc-2.96.
> But the libc.a made by gcc-2.96 seems not to work fine with floating point.

you know that the object code is not binary compatible?

> If i link with the libc.a made by gcc-2.91 while compiling the code,
> everything is fine.

did you compile the object file with the gcc-2.91?

> However, if link with the libc.a made by gcc-2.96, the output is error.

and linked it with the gcc-2.96 compiler? if so, this cannot work due to
the incompability of binary code.

by the way, there is a gcc-3.0.1 out now, maybe you want to try that? the
3.0.1 is compatible to the code generated by 2.96.

od

ps i deinstalled all gcc stuff from my redhat box and installed the gcc
2.95 from scratch. the only thing you have to watch out is not to use some
object code thats compiled with 2.96 (eg libc.a)

--
   Oliver Dawid * O.Dawid at gmx.de * http://www.fet.uni-hannover.de/~od/