[uClibc]uClibc and termcap

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Fri Oct 26 08:30:26 UTC 2001

Hi,

> > Now, if someone could help me compile uClibc with LFS support, I'll be
> > VERY happy (and grateful!)...
>
> uClibc should compile right up with LFS support -- but Large File support is
> only partial (i.e. it covers the stuff that I needed to make sfdisk compile).
> So you may need to get your fingers dirty adding anything you find missing.
> You need to also compile up each app that needs it with LFS support -- and
> depending on what they need they may or may not actually compile.

OK, I've managed to figure the building part out.  I was compiling uClibc
against 2.2.20pre11, which has no LFS support.  Therefor, stat64 was not
defined in include/asm-i386/stat.h.  I've applied the LFS patch:
http://www.scyld.com/products/beowulf/software/lfs-1.html
to the kernel, and added 1 line to include/asm-i386/unistd.h:
#define __NR_getdents64 220

I managed to finally build mke2fs version 1.2.25, which includes the
latest ext3 support.  Also, util-linux 2.11l built just fine (instead of

Kind regards,

	Mark Wormgoor
* |\    /|      |  /|  /       Mark Wormgoor                  *
* | \  / |      | / | /        mailto:mark at wormgoor.com       *
* |  \/  |ark   |/  |/ormgoor  http://www.wormgoor.com/mark/  *