[uClibc](fwd) Re: uClibc changes ?

Joerg Schmitz-Linneweber schmitz-linneweber at aston-technologie.de
Sat Oct 6 08:18:29 UTC 2001

Hello all (Moin, moin)!

On Friday,  5. October 2001 19:58, Robert Schwebel wrote:
> Hey, great, thanks a lot! :-) Most things seem to work again here,
> including my telnet daemon. Btw: I still have these strange "X_EAA" and
> "not a typewriter" output and no idea where it might come from:
I don't know where your telnetd originated from :-) but I know now that I had
to change a lot in mine to work as expected. And I do know, that I had to
fiddle a lot with tcsetpgrp() and terminal capabilities beeing handled out
between the two parties. One of my biggest problems with *any* telnetd
version I found was getting Ctrl-C (and other special codes) to work like
expected. Try to do a "more this_real_big_file" on a BB system in a telnet
session. Then page around and try to quit with "q" or Ctrl-C! It never worked
for me until I completely screwed up the code with my non-commented bad
structered code ;-)

BTW, I even don't know were my telnetd is from but I believe it is a kind of
nettiny-kit derivate...
If you or anyone is willing to try my version, I will send it via PM.

Salut, Jörg

--
Jörg Schmitz-Linneweber
gpg/pgp key id: 0x146428F1