[uClibc]building vtun

Jason Luther jason at airwave.com
Tue Nov 27 23:14:34 UTC 2001

From: "Erik Andersen" <andersen at codepoet.org>
> On Tue Nov 27, 2001 at 02:31:53PM -0800, Jason Luther wrote:
> > From: "Erik Andersen" <andersen at codepoet.org>:

> Where are your uClibc libcrypto and uClibc zlib installed?  From your
previous
> email, you have a staging dir in /home/jason/cvs/embed/devel.  Have you
placed
> zlib.h, zconf.h, and openssl/ along with the uClibc include files in
> /home/jason/cvs/embed/devel/include?  Is openssl included with the uClibc
libc
> in /home/jason/cvs/embed/devel/lib?  Are you using the uClibc ldd to check
with
> (/home/jason/cvs/embed/devel/bin/ldd)?

My DEVEL_PREFIX is /home/jason/cvs/embed/devel. Under that, I have this:
    bin/
        ldd, gcc, [etc.]
    include/
        openssl/ (the openssl headers)
        zlib.h, zconf.h
        [the uClibc and Linux headers]
    lib/
        libz.so.1.1.3
        libssl.so.0.9.6
        libcrypto.so.0.9.6
        [and the uClibc libraries and appropriate links]
    usr/
        [the rest of the uClibc stuff]

I'm running the uClibc ldd against the libraries. I learned that from last
time. :)

I tried running 'configure' this way:
    % PATH=/home/jason/cvs/embed/devel/bin:$PATH ./configure --disable-lzo
        --with-ssl-headers=/home/jason/cvs/embed/devel/include/openssl
        --with-ssl-lib=/home/jason/cvs/embed/devel/lib/ --prefix=/

I also tried modifying the Makefile like this:
    CC = /home/jason/cvs/embed/devel/bin/gcc
    CFLAGS = -g -O2  -I/home/jason/cvs/embed/devel/include/openssl/ \
             -I/home/jason/cvs/embed/devel/include/
    LDFLAGS = -L/home/jason/cvs/embed/devel/lib -lz -lcrypto

And compiling like this:
    PATH=/home/jason/cvs/embed/devel/bin/:$PATH make
and by overriding CC, LDFLAGS, and CFLAGS with the values above.

It looks like the configure script still looks in other places for the
openssl library, but I took out the 'for' loop that searches elsewhere, and
I still have the same problem.

Looking over what make executes (with 'make -n'), I couldn't see anything
abnormal.

I've built openssl, lilo, zlib, brutils, busybox, and pcmcia-cs
successfully. I am also trying to build libcurl, but that doesn't link
properly. That's next. :)

Thanks,
Jason