[uClibc]building vtun

Jason Luther jason at airwave.com
Tue Nov 27 22:31:53 UTC 2001

From: "Erik Andersen" <andersen at codepoet.org>:
> On Tue Nov 27, 2001 at 01:42:17PM -0800, Jason Luther wrote:
> > I'm trying to compile VTun 2.5b1 with uClibc, but I'm not having much
luck.
> > I have tried a number of things, but this is what I end up with:
> > % ldd vtund
> >         libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1
> >         libcrypto.so.0.9.6 => /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6
>
> Have you built your own version of libcrypto (openssl) vs
> uClibc?  If you run 'ldd /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6' I expect
> you will see it is linked vs glibc...

This is what it looks like on *my* libcrypto, which is not the
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6:
% ldd libcrypto.so.0.9.6
        libdl.so.0 => libdl.so.0
        libc.so.0 => libc.so.0

The problem is that it's using the system's zlib and openssl instead of the
ones I compiled against uClibc. I'm confused about how the program could be
linked against the system libraries if it's using the uClibc gcc wrapper.

Thanks,
Jason