[uClibc]Working applications!

John Laur johnl at blurbco.com
Wed Nov 21 21:21:59 UTC 2001

Greetings,

I finally got a chance to look at the uClibc apps page.

perl 5.6.x compiles, runs, and passes the test suite with flying colors
on x86. It also compiles and runs on ARM, and only has some libm
problems. It should work perfectly on any platform that uclibc's libm
works properly. The development version of perl also compiles, though I
haven't run it through the test suite, and I don't know if the test
suite is actually current.

PicoGUI server and client library (CVS - picogui is not yet versioned)
works. To be quite honest, I've never compiled it under anything except
uClibc.

I am still testing libiax (www.gnophone.com) and libgsm. Since I have
not been able to complete my voIP phone app that uses libiax, I haven't
gotten a chance to test it with uclibc, though libiax builds just fine
with uClibc. I will keep you posted!

~john