[uClibc]install the latest uClibc

Peng Li pli_cn at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 20:21:02 UTC 2001

Hi, Erik,

Thanks a lot. I found my unistd.h at
/opt/uClinux/linux/asm_m68knommu was supprisingly
broken. It was defined as I386. I have replaced it
with the correct file.

Now, I'm still not sure how to use the newly built
uClibc for uCsimm. I mean I want to use setjmp/longjmp
service in the kernel. But the setjmp.h and other
header files are even not at
/opt/uClinux/linux/include. Could you tell me how to
do that?

Thanks.

Regards,

Peng

This looks like your kernel header files are broken or
pointing to the wrong
kernel.  If you are cross compiling for m68k, you must
be sure that your
"Config" file's KERNEL_SOURCE points to the uCsimm's
kernel source tree.

The only place we use kernel header files is when we
compile the system calls.
This is where your compile failed.  We look at
KERNEL_SOURCE/include/asm/unistd.h to use the
_syscall[0-5] macros.  Typically
KERNEL_SOURCE/include/asm is a symlink created when
configuring your kernel.
If you use your host system's kernel source, it will
try to use x86 versions of
this code, which is not what you want at all.