[uClibc]compiling against uClibc

Oliver Dawid od at fet.uni-hannover.de
Sun May 27 14:16:46 UTC 2001

On Sun, 27 May 2001, Ulrich Meinicke wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm new to the embedded world and also new to C and all the compiling
> stuff. I've just made a floppy distro with busybox and uClibc as shared
> libary (as described in mkrootfs.sh).
> I tried to add some other applications but always the compiling stopped
> due some errors. I tried the latest uClibc snapshot and just did a
> make. Now I compiled tinylogin with make
> CC=<pathtouClib>/extra/gcc-uClibc/i386-uclibc-gcc
> and it failed telling me lists of "undefined reference". But compiling
> it with standard gcc, it worked.
> So my question is, what is the general way to compile against uclibc
> and how can I find out what's going wrong.
> I would like to compile tinylogin, netkit-telnet, microwindows nano-X
> and pppd against uClibc. Anybody did this?

hi ulrich,

seems you are using an old CVS snapshot. get a new one. do a make install
as root and change the $PATH enviroment to look in
/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/bin for you compiling shell. no need to change the
CC enviroment any more. if you call gcc, the wrapper is called instead of
your gcc in /usr/bin.

i succeeded in compiling a bunch of programs from userland. most times, i
needed to include some header files to get it run.

i dont know, who maintains the stuff from userland. i guess, you'll have
to do your own patches (@all: correct me if i am wrong).

maybe its even the wrong mailinglist to discuss this stuff.

od

--
   Oliver Dawid * O.Dawid at gmx.de * http://www.fet.uni-hannover.de/~od/