[uClibc]printf %m

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at uclibc.org
Tue May 22 19:40:45 UTC 2001

Michael,

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 08:19:58PM +0300, Michael Shmulevich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is currently seems to be no support for %m in uClibc's printf, or
> it is broken on anything besides x86:

That's odd.  I don't see any reason for it to work on some archs but not
on others.  Are you sure you have WANT_GNU_ERRNO defined non-zero in
printf.c for the failing arch?  %m support if turned off by default to omit
the error strings when linking staticly.  Granted, that's not an issue with
the dynamic lib.  Perhaps some objects should be built with different
options for the static vs dynamic libs.

> ~ # busybox
> BusyBox v0.50 (2001.05.21-16:07+0000) multi-call binary
> ~ # cd something_that_isnt_there
> cd: something_that_isnt_there: %m
>
> I thisnk it should be fixed somehow...

printf would output %m if WANT_GNU_ERRNO was defined as 0.

Manuel