[uClibc]Need Help

Michael Shmulevich michaels at jungo.com
Fri May 18 16:00:02 UTC 2001

Jon Nelson wrote:

> However, the src.rpm shouldn't be -- I'll hack on this later...

Most src.rpm have some of of 'configure'ing itself, not the case with
uClibc. Must use some script for that, which depending on --target-arch
will set the corresponding Config file.

> However, are you telling me that for uClibc to be useful to apps that require
> header files and libraries from other files that those packages must install
> their files in /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/{include,lib} ??

This is exactly the case when cross-compiling for another architecture.
Look at this case as at 'cross-compiling' from say i686 to i386. You
simply cannot use include files which do not match definitions from
/usr/include which is for glibc-based system.

> That seems lame.  It would seem that that ought to be a way for uClibc's
> gcc wrapper to say, "if I can't find header foo, look in /usr/include for it".
> That way, most everything will be found correctly in /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/include,
> and those that aren't found like curses.h can be located in /usr/include

the only problem with that is that -I flag has priority on
system-defined include files, which i386-uclibc-gcc has. This way it
will *first* liook in /usr/include and only then in

 /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/include, bringing you interesting but useless results.

> Is there a switch I can use with gcc to obtain this desired effect?

-idirafter :-)

--
Sincerely yours,
Michael Shmulevich
email: michaels at jungo.com
web: http://www.jungo.com
Phone: 1-877-514-0537(USA)  +972-9-8859365(Worldwide) ext. 233
Fax:   1-877-514-0538(USA)  +972-9-8859366(Worldwide)