[uClibc]sfdisk and chos working with uClibc

Matthias Kilian kili at outback.escape.de
Thu May 10 14:39:35 UTC 2001

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Gianci wrote:

> Following Bruce Peren's suggestions in the Embedded Linux Journal, we built
> up a minimal linux system running on a floppy, using BusyBox with uClibc

Well, I did the same for building a rescuedisk. Included are:

- BusyBox (of course)
- fdisk and sfdisk from util-linux
- e2fsprogs
- dump/restore
- modutils
- raidtools

Some of those required patches (e.g. dump/restore tries to use rcmd() for
remote dump/restore).

If anyone is interested, get my script buildinitrd
(http://www.escape.de/users/outback/linux/buildinitrd) which patches,
configures and compiles all packages (including uClibc) and installs them
into /var/tmp/initrd, ready for creating an init ramdisk from this
directory. The script is a little bit ugly, and without customization it's
most probably only useful for my system, but it should be straightforward
to rip the patches off (just search for "patch_").

Bye,
	Kili