[uClibc]Powerpc uclibc

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Tue May 8 22:51:42 UTC 2001

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 02:25:59PM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Tue May 08, 2001 at 01:29:05PM +0300, Michael Shmulevich wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There is a problem with crt0 on PowerPC. I am checking uclibc on a
> > MPC850 based powerpc embedded system, and uclibc's start code doesn't
> > seem good. I get argc=0, *argv=(null) and stuff like these.
> >
> > Erik, you've reported that powerpc is supported, but it doesn't look
> > like this to me. Is there something I am missing?
> >
> > I have tried both crt0.c and crto0.S -- same bad result.

Could you give me some additional information, such as compiler
version, kernel version, glibc version (maybe...)?  It runs fine
on my test machine, which is running Debian unstable, Linux-2.4.4-pre1,
gcc-2.95, and glibc-2.2.2.  In particular, the "args" test is
sensitive to problems with crt0.  It may be possible that the
method doesn't work for 2.2, since I haven't tested it.

dave...