[uClibc]problem loading libraries at runtime

Manuel Novoa III mnovoa3 at bellsouth.net
Tue May 8 17:58:22 UTC 2001

Erik and Michael,

Attached is a very simple test of dlopen, etc.  It doesn't work now.
It used to work for me.  Fortunately, I did a complete new checkout
when I installed my new harddrive, so I still had the old version
that was working to compare against.

If you don't include the $(LDSO) in the link list for the shared lib,
everything works fine.

Looking back through the list archive, I still don't understand the
reasoning
for making uClic.so depend on it in the first place.  The path of the
dynamic
linker to be used is stored in the executable.

If I'm way off base, please tell me.  But the attached example works for
uClibc.so _not_ linked with $(LDSO), and segfaults when it is.  Note:
the
test works when built against glibc.

Manuel