[uClibc]using uclibc help

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Wed May 2 14:31:43 UTC 2001

On Wed May 02, 2001 at 11:32:50PM +1000, David Arnold wrote:
> -->"Oliver" == Oliver Dawid <od at fet.uni-hannover.de> writes:
>
>   Oliver> do you have the newest version of uclibc?
>
> on a related note, i've just got some `free' time to work on my uCsimm
> again after a year or so of it sitting in the cupboard.
>
> i see i can download uClibc from the lineo CVS -- is this the version
> to be using for m68k ?
>
> what about the compiler?  is gcc-2.7.2.3 still current for m68k?

Well, gcc-2.7.2.3 might work, but the latest uClibc will not work with
the old m68k COFF toolchain.  You should use the m68k ELF toolchain from
 David McCullough <davidm at lineo.com> available from
    http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/m68k-elf-tools/
which is a better toolchain, a better compiler, and it works
with the CVS version of uClibc.   I have not done my testing on m68k,
so there may be a few minor rough spots, but those should be easy to
fix up...

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com