[uClibc]cvs commit to uClibc/include by mjn3

Wolfgang Klier wklier at cosy.sbg.ac.at
Fri Mar 23 18:36:25 UTC 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, uclibc-admin at uclibc.org wrote:

> Message: 2
> From: michaels at jungo.com
> Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:26:12 +0200
> To: uclibc at uclibc.org
> Subject: Re: [uClibc]cvs commit to uClibc/include by mjn3
>
> Hello Manuel,
>
> > Add some missing headers needed by ld.so-1.9.11.
> > added:      a.out.h alloca.h dlfcn.h link.h
>
> Are we getting ld.so finally commited to uClibc? So far I didn't find
> the solution to assembly problems in i386/strings.h for newer versions
> of gcc. Funny thing: I tried to rewrite the inlines with C (memcpy() is
> 2 lines anyway) but instead I get similar problems as compared to asm(),
> even when using old compiler.
>
> Do you have anything to recommend on this problem?
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Michael Shmulevich
> ______________________________________
> Software Developer
> Jungo - R&D
> email: michaels at jungo.com
> web: http://www.jungo.com
> Phone: 1-877-514-0537(USA)  +972-9-8859365(Worldwide) ext. 233
> Fax:   1-877-514-0538(USA)  +972-9-8859366(Worldwide)

I have tried compiling ld.so a bit because I want to have iptables too.
I concentrated in libdl.so, which I managed to compile using the new strings.h
of the kernel (2.4.2). I used the version for the i386 because according to the
comments in the source the optimized version is broken at the moment. I simply
prepended each function name or define with "_dl_". Now there are warnings about
_dl_linux_resolver but it compiles against uClibc.
For /lib/ld-linux.so.1 I use the version from the Debian ld.so package. But it
seems to have problems with the new kernel. I get a segfault in _dl_find_hash.
I even tried to compile ld-linux myself then and simply commented out the lines
causing the segfault (which are labeled as a "hack" in the comments) but this only
moves the segfault a bit further down the file (hash.c).
Since my low-level C knowledge is somewhat limited I have no ideas what I could do
further.

	Wolfgang Klier