[uClibc]success building Dan Bernstein's tools against uClibc

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Fri Mar 23 17:33:14 UTC 2001

On Fri Mar 23, 2001 at 11:08:56AM -0600, James Graves wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Manuel Novoa III wrote:
>
> > I thought this might be of interest.
> > I've successfully built the following (with some trivial mods) against shared
> > uClibc:
> >
> > daemontools-0.70
> > ucspi-tcp-0.88
> > djbdns-1.05
> > publicfile-0.52
>
> Heh.  That shouldn't have been too hard.  He has his own I/O routines,
> so the only thing needed out of uC-libc are the system calls.
>
> Good to know, though.  I'm a big fan of Dr. Berstein's  work, because of
> it's modular development style and simplicity of design.

I've been building the Debian base system (I intend to be posting a real
embedded debian soon) but ran into serious problem with the current compiler
wrapper and building of shared libraries linked vs uClibc.  I'm working on a
proper fix, which requires a major update to the compiler wrapper system now
being used.  I have it sort-of halfway working as of last night...

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com