[uClibc]Compiling iptables with uClibc

Andrew Mashchak admash at southern.edu
Wed Mar 21 00:02:54 UTC 2001

Dear uClibc-programmers-who-know-more-about-this-than-I-do,

I have been trying to compile iptables for/with uClibc. I have gotten
about as far as I can throw a spiny walrus.

What's gone on so far:

I've installed and compiled the March 19th CVS version of uClibc. No
problems there. Having succeeded there, I downloaded iptables-1.2.1a and
tried to compile it. First, to the iptables Makefile I added:

CC=/usr/local/uClibc/extra/gcc-uClibc/gcc-uClibc-i386

Running make results in many repetitions of these lines:

gcc: /usr/local/uClibc/crt0.o: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: --dynamic-linker: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: /lib/ld-linux.so.1: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: -luClibc: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/2.95.3/libgcc.a: linker input file unused since linking not done

Suggestions? Ideas? Comments? Flames? Donuts?

Any help will be much appreciated...

  -Andrew Mashchak

admash at southern.edu