[uClibc]Sample BusyBox+uClibc boot floppy

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Tue Mar 20 17:53:34 UTC 2001

On Tue Mar 20, 2001 at 10:49:35AM -0500, Paul Farber wrote:

> bb and tinylogin are set up to not need nss libs (as per the Makefile).
>
> I've ldd'd the heck out of everything and no go with shared libs.

I have placed a sample boot floppy image which contains a stock version of
BusyBox (from CVS today), which is linked against a stock version of uClibc
(also from CVS today) which boots as works as expected.

    ftp://uclibc.org/busybox/busybox.floppy.img

You can download it ans make your own boot floppy by doing a

    dd if=busybox.floppy.img of=/dev/fd0 ; sync

or you can mount the initrd and take a look at what's there:

    mount ./busybox.floppy.img /mnt -o loop -t msdos
    cp /mnt/initrd.gz /tmp
    umount /mnt
    gunzip /tmp/initrd.gz
    mount /tmp/initrd /mnt -o loop -t minix

I hope this is helpful and gets you started,

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com