[uClibc]uClibc compilation problem

James Graves jgraves at deltamobile.com
Mon Mar 19 18:10:15 UTC 2001

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, David Beamonte wrote:

> I have downloaded the version of uClibc from
> ftp://uclibc.org/uClibc-snapshot.tar.gz, which is supposed to be a
> recent version of the library. The platform I'm working with is based on
> a 68EZ328, so I need to use the m68k-pic-coff-gcc compiler.
>
> I have modified the Config, Rules.mak in order to use the correct
> cross-compiler and point to the appropriate directories, but I am given
> the following error when reaching the compilation of  "string/strtok_r.c":
>
> /tmp/ccNxBbdI.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccNxBbdI.s:50: Error: Unknown pseudo-op:	'.weak'
>
> Certainly I must be missing some step but I can't figure out what is
> it. Hope somebody can help me.

The m68k-pic-coff toolchain doesn't support weak references.  Here's my
last message about the subject:

	http://uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2001-March/000541.html

Dave posted some info recently on the uClinux-dev list about his work
on the ELF toolchain, which doesn't have this problem.

James Graves
Delta Mobile Software