[uClibc]libcrypt, libdl

michaels at jungo.com michaels at jungo.com
Mon Mar 12 15:55:14 UTC 2001

Oliver,

Adding libcrypt is somewhat risky, since there is a US encryption export
laws that enforce the usage of low grade encoding outside of US. So, you
will be better off grabbing the ones that came with glibc. I have
already done porting of the encrypt() and setkey() to uLibc. However,
since it is an OpenSource project, and I am not in a "director board" of
it, it is still pending to be comitted.

As for libdl, it will be added together with ld-linux.so.1, as soon as I
will find a way to compile it with a newer gcc (version >= 2.95). They
both come from libc5 world.

Also, take a look at pur mailing list's logs of last month, there was
already some mention about pppd successfully compiled by Jean-Yves from
HP.

Oliver Dawid wrote:

> hi there,
>
> i wonder how i could get these two libraries compiled to use uClibc
> instead of the glibc2.
>
> this is completly new to me so i would be very happy, if someone could
> help me with this stuff. my goal is to compile the current pppd and
> ipppd to use the libuClibc.so
>
> any hint is welcome.
>
> thank you,
>
> od
>
> --
>    Oliver Dawid * O.Dawid at gmx.de * http://www.fet.uni-hannover.de/~od/

Sincerely yours,
Michael Shmulevich
Software Developer
Jungo - R&D
email: michaels at jungo.com
web: http://www.jungo.com
Phone: 1-877-514-0537(USA)  +972-9-8859365(Worldwide) ext. 233
Fax:   1-877-514-0538(USA)  +972-9-8859366(Worldwide)