[uClibc]e2fsbox

Manuel Novoa III mnovoa3 at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 7 09:10:27 UTC 2001

Alex,

On Wed, 07 Mar 2001, Alex King wrote:
> Has anyone done anything more with the e2fsbox stuff posted in January?
>
> I am going to take a look at it, maybee update it to e2fsprogs-1.19

I don't know of anyone working on it, and I originally posted it hoping that
someone might take an interest.  Pretty much all the supplied patch did was
deal with duplicate symbols.  Also, the driver for it is "really lame".  ;-)
It was just a proof-of-concept and also a demonstration that there was
something else besides busybox for which a shared uClibc could be used.

With regard to the uClibc stuff, a couple of things have changed.
uClibc/Config no has options for double and long long support in printf.  Also,
it is no longer necessary to define __GLIBC__ as the headers are now fixed.  If
you run the tests, you'll still see some (6) errors though, because uClibc still
doesn't do TZ support.  Oh, it turned out that glibc's format for date output
was correct; uClibc has been fixed in that regard as well.

Manuel