[uClibc]Dynamic libuClibc.so woes

michaels at jungo.com michaels at jungo.com
Wed Mar 7 08:23:57 UTC 2001

John,

I'm happy that someone else besides myself taken upon him a burden of
bringing
ld.so to uClibc. I have started looking at ld.so-1.9.11 several days ago
as an alternative to glibc's ld-linux.so.2 (in glibc's /elf dir). Too
bad, that this ld.so is using various libc5 stuff, which is header-level
incompatible with uClibc.
Most probably it will be a good idea to start with changing the headers
to represent uClibc's way of doing things (which is "based" on libc6's
headers).

I have somehow missed the point that ld-so directory may be only a part
of the story, while default make didn't go anywhere further than util/
directoruy :-).

In my compilation, I use uClibc's gcc to force usage of correct headers,
and also run into series of various assembly problems.

As a side note, I have tried to find a source RPM of ld-linux.so.1.* for
ANY distribution, to see how/where did they patch it to compile. Not a
single distribution seems to give away its secret... so we must solve
this alone, I guess.

--
Sincerely yours,
Michael Shmulevich
email: michaels at jungo.com
web: http://www.jungo.com
Phone: 1-877-514-0537(USA)  +972-9-8859365(Worldwide) ext. 233
Fax:   1-877-514-0538(USA)  +972-9-8859366(Worldwide)