[uClibc]Dynamic libuClibc.so woes

John Lombardo jlombardo at hotpop.com
Tue Mar 6 23:59:46 UTC 2001

Some time ago I read that uClibc can use the dynamic loader from glibc.  I
tried using the ld-linux.so.2 (actually ld.so) file from the elf directory
of my x86 glibc 2.1.2 build, but that doesn't seem to work.  The only thing
I could get to work was the /lib/ld-linux.so.1 binary that came with my Red
Hat 6.2 system.  This, by the way, comes from the ld.so-1.9.5 package from
the libc5 (correct name? I must be getting old) days.

I wouldn't mind using this ld.so, but when I attempt to compile it, the
compiler says:

boot1.c:897: fixed or forbidden register 3 (bx) was spilled for class
GENERAL_REGS.
This may be due to a compiler bug or to impossible asm
statements or clauses.

I started to run this down, but got lost in the START() macro.

Anyway, my real question is this: Which file from the glibc build should I
be using?  Do I have to do something special when I build glibc to get the
correct loader, or perhaps I have to upgrade to a newer version of glibc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John