[uClibc]Sparc port?

Mathew Bosworth (MTI) mbosworth at metaflow.com
Mon Mar 5 23:42:26 UTC 2001

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Erik Andersen wrote:

> > 	1 -- several symbols are listed as redefined during the build :
> >
> > __FD_ZERO, __FD_SET, __FD_CLR, and __FD_ISSET are in both /include/bits/select.h
> > and /include/asm/posix_types.h
> >
> > __NFDBITS and __FDMASK are in both /include/bits/types.h and
> > /include/linux/posix_types.h
> >

> Hmm.  Well for starters, where did include/bits come from?  It is supposed to
> be in sysdeps/linux/spars/bits and should be a  copy of include/bits from
> a sparc build of GNU libc.  Include/asm is supposed to be a link to a Linux
> kernel tree's include/asm-sparc directory (this is set up automagically for
> you if you edited "Config" to point to a working leon sparc kernel tree).

include/bits was simply a copy of arm/include/bits (seemed like a reasonable
place to start ;)  )  Given that that was not a good idea, I guess I have to
build GNU libc.  So which version?  Does it matter?  Do I actually have to
build it, or can I download the source and cut and paste the header files
directly (I'm guessing I have to build it, but it can't hurt to ask!)

I tried getting and building glibc-2.2.2 (go for the gusto, right?), linking
it to the a sparcnommu uClinux kernel that I've built, but that gave me
various undefined symbol errors (sigaction.c) and assembler errors
(include/asm/traps.h).  So I thought I'd ask before I go trying to hack glibc
and the uClinux both in one day!

Oh, and thanks for the quick response.

-Matt