[uClibc]trouble with dynamic libuClibc.so

David McCullough davidm at lineo.com
Thu Mar 1 05:02:48 UTC 2001

Jivin Manuel Novoa III lays it down ...
[...]
> 5) We need to decide on a way of configuring uClibc features.  At the very
> least, we need to document what functions have configurable options outside of
> Config.  Examples:  strtod.c, strto_l.c, and strto_ll.c  (optional errno
> support), printf.c (%m support), stdio.c (statically preallocated FILEs and
> stream buffers, disabling of dynamic memory use), etc.   One thing we could do
> is in Config have a maximum capability setting that should at least build in
> errno support for the conversion functions.

IMO we should just list all config options in Config.  Comment out the
ones that are off by default,  leave in the ones that are on.  Put a
one/two liner before each option as documentation.

It's only one run through a single file then and you get to see it all.

[...]
> > BTW, since the version numbers currently in effect for uClibc
> > are completely and totally arbitrary (I made them up), anyone
> > have strong opinions on what version number we should use?
>
> Well, definitely _not_ 1.0...  ;-)
>
> Seriously, before we call it 1.0 I'd like to see uClibc be as compliant with
> standards as is reasonable.  As far as stdio goes, I think scanf is the last
> big issue (as we're currently ignoring locale and wide char support).  The
> other major function subgroups need to be look at too though.

I have no problems with any versions, if its not a 1.0 then its a good 0.99 :-)

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough:  Ph: +61 7 3435 2815  Lineo (The Embedded Solutions Company)
davidm at lineo.com   Fx: +61 7 3891 3630  PO Box 925, Kenmore QLD 4069, Australia