[uClibc]clone system call?

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Wed Jun 27 17:12:04 UTC 2001

On Tue Jun 26, 2001 at 10:55:22PM -0700, Shane Nay wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 June 2001 11:46, Manuel Novoa III wrote:
> > Steve,
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 11:15:15AM -0700, Steve Thayer wrote:
> > > Is anybody working on this?  I tried putting clone.S back into
> >
> > Looks like your it.  ;-)
> >
> > Personally, I don't need thread support in uClibc.  I wonder how many
> > people do?
>
> I wonder how many people need sigsetjump..., oh, wait, I needed it the other
> day with ash.  Anyway, threads are certainly a better thing to use on a small
> device since they can share memory between them more easily than say two
> seperate processes.  What I'm driving at is..., you don't need them,
> established, but if someone should come up with an implementation, I think it
> should be accepted.

If someone comes up with a sane threads implementation that is configurable (so
it can be disabled for the default case) I will gladly apply the patch.  But
since none of the things I do require threads, the work will need to be done by
those that find they need threads.  Everyone is welcome to scratch what itches
-- threads support just isn't making me itch right now,

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com