[uClibc]clone system call?

Shane Nay shane at minirl.com
Wed Jun 27 05:55:22 UTC 2001

On Tuesday 26 June 2001 11:46, Manuel Novoa III wrote:
> Steve,
>
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 11:15:15AM -0700, Steve Thayer wrote:
> > Is anybody working on this?  I tried putting clone.S back into
>
> Looks like your it.  ;-)
>
> Personally, I don't need thread support in uClibc.  I wonder how many
> people do?

I wonder how many people need sigsetjump..., oh, wait, I needed it the other
day with ash.  Anyway, threads are certainly a better thing to use on a small
device since they can share memory between them more easily than say two
seperate processes.  What I'm driving at is..., you don't need them,
established, but if someone should come up with an implementation, I think it
should be accepted.  (Or do like glibc..., unpackage your good old
linuxthreads and --enable them, that seems pretty reasonable)  Though I'm
totally being a bit hypocritcal as I made the same argument when someone
asked me to fix the threads in glibc2.0.7 for mips :).

Thanks,
Shane Nay.