[uClibc]Re: uclibc as glibc replacement

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Sun Jun 24 06:30:05 UTC 2001

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Guillermo Pereyra Irujo wrote:
> Was this a silly question?

Nope! You shouldn't use uClibc as a replacement for glibc on normal
systems. Although uClibc uses the same API (header files) as glibc it does
not have all features. As 'large' applications (such as KDE, Gnome,
Netscape) make intensive use of glibc features you will most probably not
be able to make them run.

Robert
 I Ingenieurbuero Schwebel, Luedemannstrasse 25,  24114 Kiel,  Germany  I
 I               Linux Solutions for Science and Industry               I
 I Phone +49-431-6794138 Fax +49-431-6794139 email: robert at schwebel.de  I