[uClibc]rcmd support patch

Stefan Soucek ssoucek at coactive.com
Thu Jun 21 01:14:35 UTC 2001

Hi!

I have been porting rshd/rcp to use with uClibc. The issue here is that
quite some functionality is actually hidden in glibc's rcmd.c and netdb.h. I
have attached a
patch to this mail that allows to compile rshd/rcp against uclibc. It has
been
tested with the current Lineo CVS version (as of 6/20/2001) as compiles and
runs
fine on an i386-based platform. Netgroup support has been disabled with
ruserok().

The follofing files are modified or added:

M ./include/netdb.h
M ./libc/inet/Makefile
A ./libc/inet/rcmd.c

I intentionally left the code sections using re-entrant function calls in
rcmd.c
and deactivated them via #ifdef _LIBC_REENTRANT. In case uClibc gets
re-entrant
function calls we also have a re-entrant version of rcmd.

I hope this patch makes it into uClibc.

-Stefan

Stefan Soucek, ssoucek at coactive.com
Coactive Networks, 4000 Bridgeway Suite 303, Sausalito, CA 94965
Ph: (415) 339 2141, Fax: (415) 289 1320