[uClibc]uClibc ARM shared libs work :)

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Tue Jun 19 22:30:17 UTC 2001

On Tue Jun 19, 2001 at 10:47:09PM +0100, Philip Blundell wrote:
> >Fixed a problem with argv & argc getting to the application properly, and now
> >busybox works really well with the new ARM shared library system.  I do have
>
> This is all pretty cool stuff.  Can you describe how your implementation of
> shared libraries works?

The shared lib loader for uClibc is derived from libc5's ldso 1.9.11, with a
fair bit of surgery to clean up things like passing addresses as ints, removing
all use of kernel headers, fixing silly bugs and badly implemented stuff
(though there is plenty of that remaining), and adjusting things to use glibc
header files (well, uClibc header files, but those are now mostly stolen
directly from glibc, with bits and pieces adjusted for my own evil purposes).
I started the uClibc ldso ARM port, but I can't comment (yet) on how much
violence was needed to finish it.

/me goes off to look at Shane's changes...

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com