[uClibc]uClibc ARM shared libs work :)

Shane Nay shane at minirl.com
Tue Jun 19 21:41:13 UTC 2001

Mini-update-

Fixed a problem with argv & argc getting to the application properly, and now
busybox works really well with the new ARM shared library system.  I do have
one weird problem, and that is that _dl_open seems to be giving >0 fd's for
non-existent files, but it doesn't cause any harm as it fails the ELF test,
and ld-uclibc gets the right one in the next pass.  This might just be a
problem with the kernel version using NFS on the skiffclusters, don't know
yet.  (Just prints an annoying error message, and I think it does the "right
thing" on non NFS mountes)

I tried to optimize the modulus routine, but for the moment the ARM assembly
code is very upset with me, so I reverted to the pretty fast C version of
modulus routine that I wrote.  (It can calculate 300,000 rand() moduli in ~5
seconds 223 bogomips SA machine, not blazingly fast, but acceptable)  If
anyone wants to give a pass at integrating the assembly code, I can give them
a copy.  (I have the assembly and it works just fine linked in application
code, but I can't get it to work in an inline way)

Pretty much it looks done..., and I finished most of the work for
re-integration.  I'm going to run some more tests, finish re-integration and
post a patch in a day or two once I'm happy with performance, etc.

Thanks,
Shane Nay.