[uClibc]installation directories

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Wed Jun 13 07:56:52 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 02:29:15PM -0600, Manuel Novoa III wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 03:34:17AM -0700, David Schleef wrote:
> >
> > There's a strong precident for installing header files into
> > /usr/${target}/include instead of /usr/${target}/usr/include,
> > and likewise for lib/ and bin/.  Is this an oversight, or a
> > bug in transition? (and should I fix it myself?)
>
> You might call it an oversight.  You might also call it an artifact
> of very slow convergence to a proper Makefile install target due to
> lack of user feedback.  :-(  Congratulations!  You're the first
> person (besides Erik and myself) to actually make a constructive
> comment about the install target.  ;-)

Well... I wrote one of the previous rounds of install targets
(poorly).  I was quite happy to see someone fix it.  It made
me excessively happy to run "make CROSS=i386-uclibc-" in another
package and see it completely work.

(Dare I suggest setting up a Debian buildd for an i386-ublibc
target, and see what compiles?)

dave...