[uClibc]uClibc with ash : cvs sources

Thierry Laronde thierry at cri74.org
Tue Jun 12 10:14:31 UTC 2001

Hello,

I have announced that I has been to compile ash with historic support
against both glibc and uClibc.

The sources are here :

http://www.pingoo.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/dei/chiron/ash

The only uClibc pecularity in the source is a redefinition of verrx
("err.h") : uClibc doesn't define it.

For the rest, here are the comparison of the sizes :

* Static, against Glibc, with old termcap :

-rwxr-xr-x    1 thierry  thierry    448656 jun 12 10:04 sh

* Static, against Glibc, with new curses :

-rwxr-xr-x    1 thierry  thierry    460316 jun 12 10:25 sh

* Dynamic, against Glibc, with old termcap (not dynamically linked),
* libedit.so:

-rwxr-xr-x    1 thierry  thierry     99344 jun 12 10:09 sh

* Dynamic, against Glibc, with new curses emulation (not dynamically linked),
libedit.so:

-rwxr-xr-x    1 thierry  thierry    111516 jun 12 10:12 sh

* Static, against uClibc with old termcap (with copyrights, without rcsid):

-rwxr-xr-x    1 thierry  thierry    200288 jun 12 10:17 sh

* Dynamic, against uClibc with old termcap (libedit.so):

-rwxr-xr-x    1 thierry  thierry     96868 jun 12 10:20 sh

Cheers,
--
Thierry LARONDE, Centre de Ressources Informatiques, Archamps - France
http://www.cri74.org/