[uClibc]pthreads porting effort

Steve Thayer sthayer at coactive.com
Mon Jun 11 17:53:02 UTC 2001

Hi all,

	I'm working on porting pthreads to work with uClibc.  I figured I'd
post my plans here and see what you all think.  For my needs, I require
either Linuxthreads or MIT pthreads.  Since Linuxthreads seems to be the de
facto standard for linux, I think it is probably the way to go.  Let me know
if you have a differing opinion. ;-)  I'd like to follow the glibc model,
and include it in with uClibc.  So I'm basically going to rip it out of
glibc (not a trivial task, since it's integrated pretty well) and integrate
it into uClibc.  There will be a libpthread directory containing the code,
and you can optionally build it just like the other libraries.  I'm planning
to start with Linuxthreads version 2.1.3 (the one that comes with glibc
2.1.3) since many of uClibc's header files come from 2.1.3.  I'd like this
work to be as useful as possible to others, so let me know if this all
sounds like a good plan.  Your input is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Steve