[uClibc]LEGAL: LGPL vs. proprietary.

Tom Walsh tom at cyberiansoftware.com
Wed Jul 25 16:48:10 UTC 2001

Erik Andersen wrote:

> So to clarify, you may create closed source applications using uClibc without
> any problem.  If you link your closed source application so it uses uClibc as a
> shared library, then the only source code you need to share would be the source
> code to any changes you made to the uClibc library.

Thanks Eric,

I missed the part about the distro of the obj files.  Good, this helps
resolve the issue of keeping an application closed.  AYMK, some
customers are very sensitive about this issue! It is tough enough to
sell some of them on the idea of an OSS operating system, and some of
the recent FUD does have them concerned.

Regards,

TomW