[uClibc]abort + cleanup

Steve Thayer sthayer at coactive.com
Wed Jul 4 00:15:58 UTC 2001

I need to add on_exit support to uClibc, so I've been poking around in the
exit, cleanup, and abort code.  Right now, abort calls cleanup, and cleanup
executes all the functions registered using atexit.  This behavior is a
little different than that of glibc, which only cleans up stdio... it does
not execute any of the atexit or on_exit functions unless exit is explicitly
called.  So, my question is, SHOULD abort be calling those functions?  If it
should, what value would make sense to pass to the on_exit functions for the
exit status?  Does an exit status even make sense during an abort?

-Steve