[uClibc]Compiling dhcpcd

Michael.Durrant at lineo.com Michael.Durrant at lineo.com
Fri Jan 19 04:02:00 UTC 2001

Hope the comments below help.  I forwarded your message to one of our
engineers who created a DHCP client and server for uClinux Coldfire that
does compile with the stock shipping uClibc for 68K targets.  It compiles
correctly with both m68k-coff-pic-gcc  and m68k-elf-gcc compilers.  Can you
provide more information. Perhaps Eric Andersen and I can help figure out
your problem.

--
Michael Durrant
Director of Integration
michaeld at lineo.com

----- Forwarded by Michael Durrant/Toronto/CA on 01/18/01 10:56 PM -----

Greg wrote:

Hi Michael,

No this is the standard DHCPCD client.
(Not to be confused with our micro-DHCP server).

Richard is obviously compiling for x86 with uClibc.
We have no trouble compiling it under uClinux with uClibc.

I do add the _BSD_SOURCE, don't know if that will
specifically fix this problem. I would help if the
actuall compiler output was included, not to mention
what version of dhcpcd, uClibc and kernel.

Regards
Greg

"uclibc at uclibc.org" <uclibc at uclibc.org>
>                     Sent by:                       cc:
>                     uclibc-admin at opensource        Subject:
[uClibc]Compiling dhcpcd
>                     .lineo.com
>

>                     01/16/01 07:15 PM
>                     Please respond to
>                     "Richard A. Smith"
>

> I am trying to compile dhcpcd with uClibc and I am having a bit of
> trouble..
>
> Using the same procedure found in busybox to compile against uClibc
results
> in bunches of
> symbol redefined messages and then it gets into parse errors.
>
> The redefined symbols are in  $(LIBCDIR)/include/linux/socket.h and
> $(LIBCDIR)/include/bits/socket.h then there is some more in linux/if.h
and
> net/if.h
>
> So I am thinking I don't have the compiling flags set up correctly.
Here's