[uClibc]Re: [BusyBox] tar and getopt (again)

Manuel Novoa III mnovoa3 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 22 23:33:11 UTC 2001

Erik,

> > (stuff I wrote about grabing funcs for libgcc.a)
> I suppose that is ok.  The real problem is knowing apriori which functions
> we need, since it will change per platform.  I suppose we could hack up
> the makefile to check which arch we are building for.

You might have missed the message this weekend so here's part:
Erik, I just verified that this approach works fine.  A small modification to
the main Makefile should do it.  Something in the shared lib section like
@(cd tmp ; ar -x  `gcc -print-libgcc-file-name` _umoddi3.o _udivdi3.o)
but this should be arch-dependent.  Other archs my require other object files
as well.  What do you get for arm if in the uClibc dir you do

mkdir tmp
cd tmp
ar -x ../libc.a
ld -r -o test *.o ../crt0.o
nm -s test | grep " U " | grep -v " main$"
We should just be able to automate something like this to grab the appropriate
symbols.  After all, the only things that should be undefined in libc.a are
main and anything that gcc threw in from libgcc.a.

Manuel