[uClibc]Re: [BusyBox] here's a working multicall for e2fsprogs-1.18 _with_ uClibc support for i386

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Mon Jan 22 09:35:37 UTC 2001

Hi, Manuel.

> > Hmm, please: %r, vasprintf,
> > also see /usr/include/printf.h (glibc2.X) ... (not in man)
>
> I can't find any references for %r.  What does it do?  Where can I
> find documentation?

I apologize. I have mixed with realization in pppd. All already in a
head has mixed up. Though... Very entertaining format.

        case 'r':
            f = va_arg(args, char *);
#ifndef __powerpc__
            n = vfprintf(FILE_ptr, f, va_arg(args, va_list));
#else
            /* On the powerpc, a va_list is an array of 1 structure */
            n = vfprintf(FILE_ptr, f, va_arg(args, void *));
#endif

char *user_fmt = "0x%X";	/* variable */
printf("Code '%c' in your radix `%s' is %r\n",
              c,             user_fmt, user_fmt, c);

Ah, As all was easier, if you would realize:
- register_printf_function
- set applet_name in crt
- error_message_and_exit
- ....
All this already is in glibc, and in a busybox manually it
is necessary to program all this - to waste time
on nonfunctional work :)

--w
vodz