[uClibc]Duplicate macro defines and parse errors.

Manuel Novoa III mnovoa3 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 19 04:09:51 UTC 2001

(Erik, please see the question below about __GLIBC__).

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Richard A. Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:15:08 -0600, Richard A. Smith wrote:
>
> While compileing dhcpcd (A DHCP client)
>
> If you include <sys/socket.h>
> it includes <bits/socket.h>
>
> which defines several CMSG_x macros
>
> However if you include <net/route.h>
> it includes <linux/route.h>
> which includes <linux/if.h>
> which includes <linux/socket.h>
> which also defines the CMSG_x macros
>
> plus bunches more constants and macros..
>
> A similar sequence occurs for <linux/if.h> and <net/if.h>
>
> Makes for a LOT of warning messages on compile... Is this the intended respose?

Try adding -D__GLIBC__=2 to your compiler flags.  Unfortunately, the linux
headers test for a version of glib < 2 and emit macros if they thing your libc
doesn't have them.  This worked for me to build the e2fsprogs.

Erik,  how about defining __GLIBC__ to 2 in features.h?  Any thoughts?

> I am also getting bunches of types that don't seem to be defined when I compile using uClibc
> Whats the state of uClibc's network support?

Incomplete, but I noticed Erik has checked in some stuff lately.

Manuel