[uClibc]Duplicate macro defines and parse errors.

Richard A. Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Wed Jan 17 18:34:48 UTC 2001

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:15:08 -0600, Richard A. Smith wrote:

While compileing dhcpcd (A DHCP client)

If you include <sys/socket.h>
it includes <bits/socket.h>

which defines several CMSG_x macros

However if you include <net/route.h>
it includes <linux/route.h>
which includes <linux/if.h>
which includes <linux/socket.h>
which also defines the CMSG_x macros

plus bunches more constants and macros..

A similar sequence occurs for <linux/if.h> and <net/if.h>

Makes for a LOT of warning messages on compile... Is this the intended respose?

I am also getting bunches of types that don't seem to be defined when I compile using uClibc
Whats the state of uClibc's network support?

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith at bitworks.com               501.846.5777